The Siri Proxy! (Video)

Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hackers have created a Proxy server for Siri to add new functionality!



I’m the creator of this particular hack, and I can assure you, it doesn’t require the iPhone to be jailbroken. My iPhone 4S is not jailbroken. The only action I needed to take on my iPhone was to install my fake Root CA. Which you can do without jailbreaking. Everything else is done outside of the phone, so it requires no jailbreaking or code to be placed on the phone itself.


Check this video!


In the FAQ section of the SiriProxy project page on GitHub, he has also answered the question about whether this hack will let you run Siri on my iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPhone 3G, Microwave, etc.
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: While this doesn't let you do such a thing, it could HELP with such a thing. For instance, if you get Siri installed on your iPhone 4 (don't ask me how to do this, I really don't know), and you get someone to give you a valid iPhone 4S UDID (don't ask me for mine, I will ignore your request), you could use this proxy in order to substitute the valid UDID for your device's invalid UDID. It would be pretty trivial. Of course, that would allow anyone with access to the proxy use your UDID, so I'd recommend against that sort of action on anything externally accessible without performing some sort of authentication (might I suggest, checking the phone's UDID? hehe).


Read more here!

If you found this post useful, dont forget to click the +1 button =>
For more news coverage, you can follow us onTwitter,become a fan on ourFacebookpageOrSubscribe To Geohot By Emailwe will keep you updated with posts over the web.

  Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment